Volunteers are the reason we are able to what we do and make a positive impact in the community. People choose to volunteer for a variety of reasons, whether it be to give back to the community or build confidence, joining Enactus can provide endless opportunities and rewarding experiences.
Some of these include:
- Making a positive difference to the lives of others.
- Building your self-confidence in a supportive learning environment of like-minded, passionate students.
- Meeting new people and making friends
- Contributing to the development of projects which seek to address economic, social and environmental issues.
- Applying and experimenting with concepts and ideas learnt from your studies in a safe and practical environment.
- Discovering new passions and interests or reinforcing existing ones. Some of us are still asking “what do I want to be when I grow up?”.
- Gaining valuable learning experiences to take with you into the workforce.
- Learning and improving on life skills such as communication, leadership, problem-solving and public speaking to name a few.
- The possibility of representing the team at the annual National Competition in Sydney.
- Gaining a sense of fulfillment from being a part of something bigger, Enactus is an international not-for-profit organisation carrying out beneficial projects around the world.
Giving can be one of life’s most rewarding experiences, it leads to connection and compassion. In the words of Dalai Lama, “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion”.